Monday, September 8, 2008

Log cabins and cabbage soup

<-----My husband over there is king of sleep talking. We can be in mid-conversation...and he'll all of a sudden make the most random comment that makes no sense at all and I know he's gone. Granted this happens late at night when our toddler is asleep and all of the adult conversation that I've been storing up all day comes flying out of my mouth at full speed. I can talk to him for hours and he is content to listen but eventually his sleepiness gets the best of him and he'll fall asleep but continue to talk to me. Like, for instance, tonight I was telling him something super important like how the shirt I was wearing was bugging me and I saw these really cute shoes the other day and he answered me by saying, "Just eat some cabbage soup." WHAT?? your probably thinking, right? Don't worry, this is completely normal behaviour. Sometimes I play along and so I told him we did not have any cabbage soup and he replied by saying, "It's around the tomato cage." Yeah. I have a billion stories like this. I think the best one was actually in the middle of the day, we were sitting up and he was kinda leanin back relaxing and we were talking about Haven and all of sudden he says, "Log cabins can't go over speed bumps."



I love you honey <3

6 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Oh that is funny! My sister use to talk in her sleep it was funny but not super funny like this. Bryan just screams in his sleep, I think I would prefer talking about soup and cabins!

Brandi said...

Too funny. My hubby does that too sometimes.

Missy said...

So you've finally joined the blogging world!! Yea! It's fun to learn more about you!
Funny about the sleep talking thing..Shawn does it occassionally but it's usually all mumbled and I don't know what he says. Funny that you can understand him!

stephschmidt said...

That is so funny! Such random things... He must be having some awesome dreams :)

Jenn said...

That is freaking hilarious! lol, I have to laugh especially because I sleep talk too! But Scott's comments are way funnier!

Mary Ann said...

Just found ya! Cute blog, I really like the getting to know your spouse stuff, very cute. You are an adorable family!