Friday, September 26, 2008

To my girl

My Little Piece of Heaven

I knew right away you were there
The beautiful answer to our prayer
No one can tell me it was luck that I knew
I carried a daughter of God in my womb

I wanted to tell Daddy in a special way
But there were only two words I could say
“I’m Pregnant!” I screamed so loud in his ear
I wanted the whole world to hear

The outline of your little foot in my belly
Watching it move from side to side
I loved every wiggle, I loved every kick
I loved to feel you move in my stomach

Forty weeks came, forty weeks went
You were still yet to be present
I walked and walked and walked up that hill
Hoping labor I would fulfill

I wanted to see you
To hold you and feed you
At last see your face, your hands and your feet
I knew only then we would be complete

The day finally came for your great debut
Your beautiful screaming face when I first saw you.
Your eyes so wide, so alert with surprise
Created in me a love so overwhelming it brought tears to my eyes

You’re getting so big now, you’re growing so fast
Bottles and bouncers are things of the past
You can sing me songs, you can count to ten
You love to read books over and over again

My darling girl you are a beauty
So innocent and pure
Your big blue eyes, your golden curly hair
Would make anyone stop and stare.

Haven, please know that I love you
There is nothing that I wouldn’t do
To make you happy, comfortable and well
You make me so proud, my heart to swell

Sweet little girl, you have my whole heart
We are sealed forever, never to part

7 comments:

S and M said...

That is so beautiful! Did you write that yourself?

Scott & Jessica Hughes said...

Thanks! I did.

Missy said...

That poem is so beautiful! That's great you can express yourself in that way. She'll love it when she gets older!

stephschmidt said...

Wow, you are so talented! That's beautiful!

Just Us said...

You're so talented! A hidden poet! And I keep forgetting to text you back. I find all of my images on google image search! I'm so glad we got to go to the park the other day bytheway. You're always so nice and fun to talk to.

Unknown said...

I loved that. Thanks!

Study Hack on Campus: Utah State said...

I love it. Very well written Je. NOW write one about me :) haha jk