Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sandy Weekends

Every weekend we pack up and go to Sandy. It is where our family is (Scott's parents, his siblings and their families.). As soon as we're out of the neighborhood, Haven says "Mama, Papa oh boy!!" (Which means, Grandma, Grandpa). She knows where we're goin. Haven looooves Grandma's house. It's her favorite place to be. Not only is she BFFs with Grandma, she has so much fun with her cousin Cody and everyone else. It's our home away from home. It has become a lovely little tradition to have Sunday dinners with the family. It brings us closer and gives us a chance to have a tasty meal. Grandma Hughes always cooks the best food...and seriously I don't even know how many times I've said "Thanks for dinner!". Probably a billion or so times. Sheesh...if she had a dollar for every time I said that...thanks again Cindy!! This weekend was full of fun and food as usual. We stayed for two nights since it was conference weekend. Here is a little taste of what went on...

Grandma gave Haven a BIG piece of paper to color on! As you can see, she thought it was the best thing that had ever happened to her.

She loves to "play" the piano. As soon as her little fingers are big enough, I'm sure Grandma will be teaching her how to play! (She is also my teacher BTW and I am loving learning to play)

She played dress up and danced around the house to the clock that plays music.


Scott and I had a wonderful game of "see who can slide the farthest on their socks down the wood floor".

HE WON!


Haven and Cody had an intense game of rock band.


And of course she had to swing. She was as content as can be.



Saturday night me and my friend Mal went to the Castle of Chaos Haunted house in scary SSL ( south salt lake). It's a little creepy there at night and we were happy not to get stolen walking to and from the car! lol. Apparently everyone else in the valley had the same idea as us because they were all there standing in line at the HH. We didn't really dig the 1 hour wait so we got the VIP passes. Thankfully! It was soo fun and sooo scary. My throat is still hurting from screaming every 5 seconds. Unfortunately, we got some fake blood on our clothes from the blood swamp. I screamed and jumped like 3 feet, ok maybe not 3 feet but I'm sure it was close, into the air and splashed it all over the place. SOO SCARY but I loved it.



And last but not least!!!


Us Hughes' at our finest- midway through last sesh of conference.

5 comments:

Brandi said...

What an eventfull weekend you guys had. It is nice to get away even in Sandy for the weekend.

The Butlers said...

love the pictures of Haven with the paper!

Study Hack on Campus: Utah State said...

I am so glad there was a new post!! I loved the haunted house and luckily the blood came out of my clothes!!! Fake blood that is!

stephschmidt said...

What a fun weekend! I tell ya, I don't think there's anything like a grandparents love for their grandchildren! I'm glad you guys are able to go visit family so close. I love the last picture :) And I love the sock races :)

Mary Ann said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I love the fact that we are so close to family. Haven is adorable@!