Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am thankful for....Scott

Happy almost Thanksgiving! I am thankful for a lot of things. But at the very top of my list is my husband. Its hard to know where to begin. He does so many things for me and our daughter. Sometimes I feel like even though I am always grateful for the many things he does for us, they don't always get acknowledged, so...

Thank you, my love, first for being mine and bringing me to the temple so that we can be together forever.

Thank you for stopping me on the stairs coming out of English 101 to ask me out :) You know after you were out of sight I called everyone I could think of to tell them the wonderful news.

Thank you for fake marrying me at Mardi Gras night back in our college days.

Thank you for signing up to work extra hours just so you could be with me a little longer at work.

Thank you for taking me to the Rascal Flatts concert and wearing that cowboy hat.

Thank you for being such a wonderful father. It means the world to me.

Thank you for going to work every day and excelling in everything you do there.

Thank you for putting up with an emotional/moody/huge/uncomfortable pregnant wife the first year of our marriage.

Thank you for providing us with a home, a car, food, clothing, all the necessities of life.

Thank you for always being so quick to compliment me.

Thank you for holding me every night for almost the past 3 years.

Thank you for always thinking I'm pretty.

Thank you for taking me in your arms and putting my head against your chest when I am upset, for knowing this calms me down instantly and makes me forget about my worries while I'm there.

Thank you for letting me have control over the music (most of the time) during our car rides and for letting me sing and dance to my hearts content.

Thank you for our beautiful daughter. I see you every time I look in her eyes and it makes me so happy to know that even when your not with us, part of you is, in her.


Thank you for being so awesome that you can jump and put both legs in your pants at the same time. hahaha. You really should go to that school for the gifted you were telling me about ; )

Thank you for being drop dead gorgeous, especially when you first wake up.

Thank you for teaching me Spanish a little. Donde esta mi juaves? (I'm sure I spelled that totally wrong)

Thank you for being you. I love you. Everything about you.

Thank you for giving me and our daughter such an amazing life. We are so grateful to have you.

4 comments:

~Jordyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Jordyn said...

Aw this is so sweet! I just did two entries on my husband for our anniversary. :)

How do you feel about doing visting teaching early this coming week? So we can catch everyone before thanksgiving. Like tuesday? or wednesday if tuesday doesn't work? Just let me know!

S and M said...

Thank you for posting about 'your sunbeams.' It's so cute what they say. Hmmmmmmmm.......I wonder who said the prayer that time...... :)

Cindy H. said...

Thank you Jessica for being a wonderful wife to my son Scott, and a fantastic mother to the smartest, cutest, most amazing grand daughter on the planet. We are blessed to have you in our family. Scott couldn't have found a better, beautiful, daughter of God to take to the temple and create a family with. Thanks for being you. P.S. Jessica is one of the best piano students I've had. She has a natural ability to make music out of those little black notes - Good Job!